Voted no. 1 by The Financial Engineer, USC is home to the nation’s leading Master of Science in Business Analytics program. To learn more about any of their many employer opportunities, please email Lily Salem, Career Strategist for the MS in Business Analytics program at isalem@Marshall.USC.edu.
For more information, employers can contact and if you have interest across our greater graduate business programs including our specialized masters and MBA, contact our Marshall Graduate Career Services employer relations lead for the finance sector, Marina Mesin-Zagar, Ph.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobs, Internships (Indeed, our program is unique in that most MS programs are one year and may not offer so many recruitment opportunities)
• Fall, Spring, Summer Internships: Students are available for full-time internships in spring and summer, part time in fall
• Dec/May Graduation: Students are able to begin full-time roles upon graduation close to either of these dates
We take data donations and sign NDAs! We have a long list of employers we have partnered with to solve business analytics challenges and provide fresh insights from a student perspective. Projects can be part of a class or driven by a separate student team.
Our program features an enrollment trend of majority women and offer avenues to partner with employers through the Women in Big Data So Cal MeetUp. We run tech trainings, panels, and mentoring activities. This group is open to the public and largely driven by student leads from our program. We welcome employers both men and women alike to participate in leading a session on campus or locally to the Southern California region.
Employer Site Visits
We typically visit the bay area and Seattle over spring break with a group of students. We are also targeting new, fast-growing regions.
Employer Campus Visits and Workshops
We partner with employers to offer info sessions, case overviews, competitions, and workshop series exclusively for students.
Fall Roundtable Recruitment Event
Held annually in October. Open to managers, directors, VPs, C-Levels and recruiters. A chance to connect with students at a roundtable for conversations rotating through different group, commencing with open networking
Spring Career Fair
Held annually in March for MS programs and MBA
For any of these items, inquiries can be accepted by Lily at email@example.com.
PyData LA, Oct 21-23
There are four key ways that members of Microsoft, including yourself can get involved!
• Register/attend: https://pydata.org/la2018/
• Serve on a committee: This is a great way to connect with colleagues across the So Cal region and participate in a very exceptional event, this is a conference experience replicated across the globe that offers a legacy to be remembered. The committees are convening over the next few weeks and interested parties should message me by Aug. 19 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Call for Proposals: We need speakers! Free passes await, submit by Sunday, Aug. 19: https://pydata.org/la2018/cfp/
• Volunteer! Free pass for your service, sign up here.
• Recruitment: We are offering recruitment breakout sessions to connect with students about opportunities for internships or full-time jobs. Please request by Sept. 28, 2018.
International Business Analytics Conference, March 2019
• Speakers: Typically these are director, VP, or C-Level to address best practice. Recruiters are also welcome for breakout sessions with students.